DESIGNING GREEN WORKPLACES
Designing workplaces with a “green” tag is an initiative which allows businesses to drastically reduce running costs. The ongoing volatility in the market coupled with the nature of high costs associated with running a workplace compels most businesses to be prudent with their financial control.
As Anirban from iDream points out “A ‘Green’ workplace is one which encompasses concern for energy efficiency, the environment, water conservation, use of recycled products and renewable energy”. Some of the salient features are;
• Minimal disturbance to landscapes and site condition
• Use of recycled and environmentally friendly building materials
• Use of non-toxic and recycled/recyclable materials
• Efficient use of water and water recycling
• Use of energy efficient and eco-friendly equipment
• Use of renewable energy
• Quality of indoor air for human safety and comfort
• Effective controls and building management systems
HOW SUCH A WORKPLACE HELPS BUSINESS
Workplaces use enormous amounts of electricity, paper, water, plastic and other resources and organizations spend a tremendous amount of money on them. Fortunately, smarter products and technologies are available, and they can be used to build, furnish, and operate better workplaces. Healthy and efficient workplaces save money for an organisation, benefit the environment by reducing pollution and the demand for resources. Such workplaces also make employees feel healthier, which in turn has a positive impact on productivity.
iDream Advisory Services Pvt Ltd is an architectural and interior designing firm with a strong commitment to building sustainable built environments. The firm has delivered green solutions to organisations across all corners of India.